In this episode, Sex Educator Laura Rad leads a discussion on the myriad benefits of making sexual pleasure a part of your life, be it with a partner or without. We discuss a study that links positive sexual experiences with increased confidence and self-esteem, and offer five ways to improve your self-esteem and work towards better sex.
Listen to the podcast by clicking here, or subscribe via iTunes.
More information about the study that Laura mentions can be found here:
- Linking Pleasure and Health - via Johns Hopkins Public Health
- PDF of study findings: The Association Between Developmental Assets and Sexual Enjoyment Among Emerging Adults
- Do one thing per day that makes you feel happier with yourself and/or sexier.
- Look into the mirror and give yourself three compliments.
- Give yourself pleasure.
- Do your Kegel exercises. (Link is to Mayo Clinic website guide to Kegels)
- Remember that pleasure is good for you, and you deserve more healthy pleasure in your life.
Tackle one of the five ways to improve your self-esteem and work towards better sex listed above!
Remarkable Resource for this episode:
Sex for One: The Joy of Selfloving
By Betty Dodson
Enjoy! We'll be back in two weeks to discuss making fitness fun!