In this episode, Wellness Coach Karen Kraus explores five major - and often overlooked - benefits of strength training for women. Find out why lifting weights just a few minutes per week could improve your health, self-image, and overall well-being. What are the five benefits? Listen to find out!
Listen to the podcast by clicking here, or subscribe via iTunes.
The study Karen referenced that links strength training to improved body image is discussed in this article.
Great strength training resources from this episode include:
- My O My TV: Free fitness workout videos
- Girls Gone Strong: Training support for women
- Yoga Glo: Online yoga classes
- Yoga Vibes: Online yoga classes
- 411 Fit: Resources for fitness and wellness
Opportunity Knocks for this episode:
Find a way to add strength training into your life. Try it twice a week for the coming weeks, then log on here and tell us in a comment what you thought of your new routine!
Remarkable Resources for this episode:
- Spark People: Online support community for fitness, training and weight loss
- Pilates Anytime: Online pilates classes
Enjoy! We'll be back in two weeks to discuss what makes clothing flattering.